If you want to be an effective leader, then character is key. Skills and knowledge are necessary, but self-knowledge and clarity on core values are what separate the great leaders from the rest of the pack. Brad Smith joined me to talk about how constant self-improvement of our own character can help us help other leaders to have a better leadership style.
Stellar Insight founder, Brad Smith has spent over 20 years helping companies pursue growth and excellence through coaching, consulting, facilitation, and strategic planning.
CONNECT WITH BRAD
Website : https://www.stellarinsightinc.com/
Key Topics in this podcast:
- Brad’s career background
- How he got into strategic planning and what he’s learned from it
- What are the limitations of leaders today and how to overcome them?
- The importance your personal time horizon
- How you can be more intuitive?
- Defining character
- Brad’s advice for leaders
- In order to be repeatedly successful in business, you must constantly improve yourself.
- It is important for leaders to ask the people who work for them what their motivations are; by understanding an employee, you can help them grow their leadership skills.
- The length of a personal time horizon can determine what leadership position someone is able to fill.
- Meditation is about watching your thoughts instead of acting. This can help you be more intuitive and listen to your own thinking better.
- People's characters are not always fixed, and people change throughout their lives.
- It is important for you to know your rely on your values.
- Self-awareness is important for leaders since it allows them to be aware of their own emotions as well as other people's.
Memorable Quotes From Brad Smith
‘’You can be repeatedly successful, but you have to be self aware. You have to be situation aware, and you continually have to improve who you are”